Graduation Academic Policy and Requirements
To graduate is to be granted an academic degree or diploma and Silicon Valley Business Institute graduates those students who are in good standing upon the satisfactory completion of all degree requirements.
The following are the academic degree requirements for a Silicon Valley Business Institute student to graduate in Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs.
- Students must complete 36 units to successfully graduate from the MBA program. (18units are required. Students must select six elective courses equaling 18 units.)
- Students must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA to graduate.
- A grade of C or higher for all courses in the program.
- A grade of C- or lower is not considered a passing grade for any course.
- If the student receives a grade of C- or lower for any course, this failed course must be repeated in order for the student to graduate.
- Only the grade of the repeated course will be used to calculate the student’s cumulative grade point average for graduation but both the original and repeated course grades will appear on the student’s official transcript.
- A student whose cumulative grade point average drops below 3.0 after a module will be placed on academic probation for the following module. If a student does not raise his/her cumulative grade point average to a 3.0 or higher after the next module, he/she will be subject to academic dismissal.